Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
You are doing all the right things, but your marketing is falling on deaf ears (helloooooo…..anybody out there…….?).
You feel pressure from your clients, prospects and competitors to lower your prices.
(How low can you go…?)
You can’t take on any more business because you can’t work any more hours. You are feeling burned out and unsure how to continue to grow. (Can somebody help me off this hamster wheel????)
If any of the above symptoms are true for you, then you are not operating from your Sweet Spot.
Companies that are operating in their Sweet Spot:
Easily attract the ideal clients for their business
Do not experience pressure to lower their prices, and their customers even gladly pay a premium for the value they are receiving
Can grow without demanding additional work hours by the owner
Why companies get “stuck” in a holding pattern:
It’s easy to get caught up in the latest marketing trend or tactic. However, if your business does not have a solid underlying Strategic Foundation, at some point you will hit a wall (ouch!) and your growth will plateau.
As author and serial entrepreneur Mike Michalowicz points out in his book The Pumpkin Plan, growing an extraordinary business is just like growing an award winning giant pumpkin. Just as you must start with a special seed to grow a giant, one-ton pumpkin, you must also start with a special seed (your Sweet Spot) to experience extraordinary business growth.
Your Sweet Spot is the intersection of your Top Clients, Your Unique Offering and Your Underlying Systems and Processes. You must have all three in order to thrive.
Why, you ask? Well, because….
- If you don’t know who your best, most profitable clients are, and what they want and need from you, then your marketing will not attract your best clients.
- If you don’t know, or can’t express what makes you different from your competitors (in a way that your Top Clients actually care about), then your prospects and clients will pressure you to compete on price.
- If you don’t have the systems and processes in place that enable your business to deliver your product or service over and over again, consistently, without your direct involvement, then you are stuck trading dollars for hours. You cannot grow beyond the number of hours you, the owner, can work.
HOWEVER, if you uncover your special seed – your business Sweet Spot – and you water and nurture it properly, then your business has the ability to grow exponentially. You too can grow a giant pumpkin!
Follow this 3 step process to discover YOUR Sweet Spot:
1. Identify your Top Clients
Make a list of all of your clients, in order of who spends the most in your business.
Next, give each client a grade for factors such as how easy (or hard) they are to work with, if they refer business to you, and if they pay on time.
Identify the top 20% of your clients and define your market niche.
2. Identify your Unique Offering
Interview your Top Clients (because they are the ones that count the most).
Ask them what stands out about your business, and what they think is missing in your industry.
Define a Unique Offering that matches what you do best with what your best clients care about the most.
3. Systematize Your Offering
List all of the tasks that you are doing yourself because it is easier than delegating.
Document the step by step process of the tasks that don’t need to be done by you, and delegate those tasks to someone else.
Identify opportunities for automation.
Would you like help identifying YOUR Sweet Spot and creating YOUR strategy for colossal growth? New Groups forming now! Contact me today to get started on improving your profits for 2022.